SOFTWARE TESTING MARKET CHALLENGESShortage of Skilled Labor
- Technavio, an independent technology research and advisory company, analyzed the key challenges faced by the Global Software Testing Services market, highlighting in particular the “Shortage of Skilled Labor”
- The Global Pure Play Software Testing Services market is growing rapidly, thus increasing the demand for skilled labor. However, this has created a disparity in supply and demand, as a result of which, sourcing and retaining skilled labor has become a challenge.
- The shortage of availability of required skills is now becoming a major challenge for the independent software testing organizations.
Since the current educational system is not geared up to the required standards and demands of the market, this challenge is expected to have a bigger impact on the market in the future.
BENEFITS FOR PROFESSIONALS
- International recognition of acquired competencies and skills
- Authorized to use the “Certified Tester” logo (specifying the level of certification)
- Whole of career path support, from Foundation to Expert level
BENEFITS FOR COMPANIES
- ISTQB® certification can provide a competitive advantage for companies, promising a higher level of reliability of the applications being developed due to efficient and cost effective testing practices derived from the ISTQB® competencies
- Consulting companies with certified staff can offer higher-level services to customers, increasing revenues and brand value
- ISTQB® has defined a “Partner Program” for companies that engage a large number of certified testers
BENEFITS FOR TRAINING PROVIDERS
- Educational institutions and consulting companies may become an ISTQB® Accredited Trainer Provider according to processes and rules defined at the international level
- Accredited Training Providers ensure a high standing of training is delivered through having:
- certified trainers
- the content, quality and syllabus coverage of training materials checked by ISTQB® Boards
- advance notice of changes to the ISTQB® Glossary and syllabi
- Accredited Training Providers are entitled to use relevant logos and are listed in the ISTQB® Website